DEPARTMENTAL ACTIVITIES 2016-2017
- All the faculty members of MBA department have attended a 3-day FDP at Andhra Loyola Institute of Engineering and Technology on the topic “challenges and trends in management education” from 28-07-2016 to 30-07-2017.
- H. Kanaka Durga published a paper titled “Performance Evaluation Of Indian mutual funds: With special reference to Big And Small Fund Houses” in Asian Journal of Multi-dimensional Research of vol-5, Issue 7, July2016 with ISSN:2278-4853 and Impact factor:SJF2013:4.708
- K .Sarvani presented a paper titled “Perfomance Evaluation of select ELSS Mutual Funds in India: A DEA analysis approach” for ICBM’s National Conference on Management Research-Contemporary Perspectives” held on 24TH September, 2016.
- K.Naga sundari, G.Malathi, and K.Sarvani attended a one day National Workshop on “Role of Human Values in Higher Education For Personal and Professional Excellence” on 1st February, 2017 organised by the IQAC, Maris Stella College, Vijayawada.
- G.Malathi, K.Sarvani, H.Kanaka Durga have attended a one day FDP on GST & Students’ Employability on 5th January, 2017.
- K. Sarvani was invited as a Visiting Faculty for KL University (Digital Marketing) to teach the subject Financial Management for II nd Semester MBA students.
- K.Sarvani has attended a One day Seminar on UG Foundation Courses organized by Krishna University at Pinnamaneni Siddhartha Pharmaceutical College, Vijayawada.
- K.Sarvani & H.Kanaka Durga have attended a Seminar on EDP organized by FICCI Millennium Alliance Programme at Minerva Grand, Vijayawada on 16th February, 2017.
- K.Naga Sundari attended an orientation workshop for HOD’S by AP Skill Development Corporation. The resource person gave an orientation on supply chain management and digital marketing courses, to be offered to MBA students on 16-02-2017 at Siddhartha college.
- K.Naga sundari was invited as a subject expert for BOS at Andhra Loyola College, Department of Management Studies held on 25-02-2016.
- Mrs.G.Smitha attended a Three day International Seminar from March 10th to 12th on “Corporate Social Responsibility”, organized by the Department of MHRM, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur.
- K.Naga Sundari presented a paper on “Corporate Social Responsibility of Health Care Services”, for Global Summit On CSR, a three day International seminar organized by the Department of Commerce and Management Studies, ANU, Guntur, from March 29th to 31st,2017.
- G.Malathi presented a paper on “CSR Practices of Diary Industry” for Global Summit on CSR a 3-day International seminar organized by the department of commerce and management studies, ANU, Guntur, from March 29th to 31st , 2017.
- K.Sarvani presented a paper on “Socially Responsible Investments-An ethics based approach”, for Global Summit on CSR a three day International seminar organized by the Department of Commerce and Management Studies, ANU, Guntur, from March 29th to 31st ,2017.
· H.Kanaka Durga presented a paper on “A Study on Implications of Companies Act, 2013, on Select Mutual Fund Schemes” at “Global Summit on CSR” a three day International seminar organized by the department of commerce and management studies, ANU, Guntur, from March 29th to 31st 2017.
- Mr.G.Sudharshan from NSIC, Hyderabad – the guest speaker for one day workshop on “Entrepreneurship Orientation Programme” for M.B.A & M.Com students on 8th September 2016.
- Mr.P.Narashima, Director, TIME Institute delivered a lecture on “Career Opportunities in Banking and Government sector on 5th October 2016.
- Mr.V.Santosh Reddy, Executive - BSE , delivered a lecture on Stock Markets In India for M.B.A &M.Com students on 10th October 2016.
- Mr.P.V.V.S.Murthy, Visiting faculty of MBA, ANU delivered a lecture on “Consumer Protection Act” on 6th January,2017.
- Mr.B.Bhusan, Manager, Exide Life Insurance, delivered a lecture on Emerging Issues in Insurance Sector on 4th March 2017.
- One Day Workshop on Enhancing the Presentation Skills for M.B.A &M.Com students on 27th March 2017.Mr.P.Pavan Kumar, Director, Praman Management Academy was the Speaker of the day.
The students of I & II M.B.A accompanied by five faculty members of the department went for INDUSTRIAL TOUR to Chennai for four days i.e from 9th January 2017 to 12th January 2017 . The following are the industries visited:
- · On 9th January, 2017 visited Amrutanjan Health Care Ltd, Chennai.
- · On 10th January, 2017 visited Integral Coach Factory, Chennai.
- · On 10th January, 2017 visited Coca cola Beverages Ltd, Chennai.
· On 11th January ,2017 visited Modern Food Enterprises Pvt. Ltd,Chennai
Samanvay -2017 is a national level management meet organized by the department of business administration consecutively for the 11th year. It is a platform where theparticipants can potray their skills and acumen with respect to the needs of the contemporary business world and compete with other participants of same capabilities.
Samanvay-2017, was held on 23rd February in which over 200 students from 20 different colleges had participated enthusiastically in various events like Business Quiz Market Makers, Young CEO, Strategic Partner, Anth-Akshar and Mr’n’Miss Samanvay.
Prof.D. Suryachandra Rao, Registrar, Krishna University was the chief guest and Dr.R.Siva Ram Prasad, HOD MBA, Acharya Nagarjuna University was the Guest of Honour for the inaugural session.
Prof.Noor Basha Abdul, Principal, College of Arts Commerce and Law was the Chief Guest and Prof.D. Subramanyam, Principal, Mahatma Gandhi College was the Guest of Honour for the Valedictory session. Prizes were distributed for the winners and the runners of all the events.
- S.Sindhu placed as Financial Executive in OPPO branch office,Vijayawada.
- R.Triveni got placed as an executive in Karvy,Prasadampadu branch,Vijayawada
- C.S.N.Pranavi got placed as a faculty of Deparment of Commerce & Business Administration in Nalanda Degree College,Vijayawada.
- M. Lakshmi Sravya presently working as an executive on contract basis in Tribal Corporation, Vijayawada.
- K.Usha Rani working as an accountant in Omega Hospitals ,Hyderabad.
- Y.Nikhitha got placed as a HR executive in Disha Consultancy,Vijayawada.
- M.Anusha got placed as an accountant in Efftronics, Vijayawada.